Friday, July 9, 2010

Wonderful Wasnetsov

Woohoo! ...I just ordered this book which I think looks wonderful. I was certain it was from Yuri Vasnetsov, but it is from Elizaveta Vasnetsova (related?). It reminds me a lot of him, though with a unique flavor nevertheless.

I can't wait to see it up close.

I ordered a few more vintage children books as well, 2 more Russian ones and one from my wonderful talented Late uncle Garth Williams, one of his later ones called "The Chicken Book" I also ordered a book about him I found on Ebay, I do hope it is a well written / well informed one.

I promise more photos once I get them!
---
Just got a message from the seller Hanna, with more info!

Here it is:

"Elizaveta Vasnetsova is really a lady. She is a daughter of Jury Vasnetsov (1900-1973), who was a remarkable illustrator of children's books.
-
You have ordered the book of Jury Vasnetsov (Children's folk songs) and a book of Elizaveta Vasnetsova (The Windmill blizzard)."

...and here is a link to her store on Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/HannaRivka
-
Hey! Have you noticed how nice the image looks with my page colour????
- Perrrrr-fect!!!

2 comments:

Svetlana said...

Hi! Here are some more pictures from your book.
http://librarything-svetlana.blogspot.com/2010/06/wndmill-blizzard-by-evdokim-rusakov.html
I love the book and I am going to do the exhibition at my son's school library devoted to Jury and Elizaveta Vasnetsov.

Kipik said...

Thank you Svetlana! I took a look! I can't wait to see all the little characters up close!!! Hope to see more by Jury on your pages!!! he has inspired my Art a lot!