Monday, June 8, 2009

Seen, anew




I was thinking about this old painting of mine yesterday. It just hit me how close it is to what I currently do. I had done it in a very free flowing way which was a big departure from my usual highly detailed illustrations of that time. It was a project for a video game company who wanted some backgrounds. Didn't go through in the end, but I liked what came out of it. It's a most unhospitable land with the greatest riches on it, I liked that contrast! These greens are, of course, highly poisonous, and so is the rain. Of course.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hah, Hah! Hi, I think at the exact time you were discovering my dolls I was looking at your blog and thinking " Gee, What cool, original paintings! Becky

Kipik said...

coincidental conversion happening again! ...a good omen! thanks

Atticbabys said...

At first glance I thought it was a Monet -like painting with water lillies!
Just Wonderful!

Kipik said...

! Now THAT's a compliment!!! hehe, thanks a lot!