Sunday, October 16, 2011

Julie Dru and I: a new doll project!!!


A hint of (wonderful) things to come:

Talented Artist Julie Dru and Yours-truly are starting together a wonderful project. We are going to make dolls together, I am so excited about it! I will make the body, send to her ; she will paint them and some fabric and send everything back to me, I will create the outfit/headdress or what ever it needs and then she may still work on it some more!

It's up to me to start now! ...and I did, and here is a little peak at my begining. I picked this brown material because I love the colour. I don't know - Julie - if that will be hard to paint, but I know you: you can handle any creative challenge!!!  I will post more as I go along!

To quote someone I know, "YeeHaaaaa!!!"

Check Julie's wonderful Art!
Julie's websites:
www.etsy.com/shop/SomeMilk?ref=si_shop
http://www.julied.jimdo.com/

3 comments:

said...

hi Kipik, interested to see how the doll evolves. (Also was the fairytale book sent to Christina Romeo? she hasnt mentioned anything on her blog yet) x

Kipik said...

So sorry Lo!!! i could not access this page until now.
Was the sketchbook for the fairytales received? It certainly was not returned to me. I hope all is well and I am looking forward to see the new pages! all the best!!!

Cendrine said...

Ooh, I love her work ! And I also made a collaboration with her... You will make a stunning work, I can't wait !