Sunday, October 17, 2010

canoe and rain


Back in September. At the bottom of the portage between smoke lake and Ragged lake, this small arm of the lake always gives me a feeling of deep tranquility and of having "arrived". Though this trip was a wet and cold one, that did not stop Anita or me to enjoy it thouroughly. We elected after debate to stay on what I now call "turtle Island" a small island with a long beach the later favored ; according to hundreeds of rubery shell-bits found there ; by turtles, I suspect snaping turtles. 3 inspiring days of painting for me and sketching for Anita. It is the second time we go to Algonquin together and so far we have not had much luck with the weather. But then, neither of us likes the heat so it's just as well - except for lack of painting opportunities.

No comments: